1The 10 Best Warm-Up Stretch Exercises To Do Before Your Workout
In this article we are going to show you 10 specific exercises to do before you workout! It is important to stretch and warm up if you really want to benefit from your training programme. Did you know by stretching before a workout, you are preparing your body to not only be able to avoid an injury, but to lift more, train longer and also see your technique improve.
Warming up only needs a short part of your time. It is important to take five to ten minutes of your time, to stretch correctly before your workout. It’s more beneficial to warm up properly and perform two excellent sets than rush and perform three poor sets, because you are cold or stiff jointed.
Here we are going to show you how to warm up at the gym and prepare your body for explosive workouts, all with these simple stretching exercises.
1 Side-lying rotation
- Lie on your left side with your right hip flexed and your right knee bent.
- Your arms should be straight out in front of you with your palms together.
- Rotate through the middle of your back, opening up your chest and right arm in an arching motion, until your right hand nearly touches the floor on the opposite side.
- Rotate back to the starting position and repeat for the suggested number of reps.
- Repeat on the other side, flexing the left hip and left knee.
What it does:
- Loosens up your mid back, chest and shoulders.
- Really focus on moving through your mid back and keeping your lower back out of the exercise.